Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.21 is now live: Full Patch Notes here
15 Apr, 2021 Gaming
742 0 Comment
CD Projekt Red has launched Hotfix 1.21 for Cyberpunk 2077 and it addresses a wide range of bug problems, stability issues, along with better visuals and UI
Let’s be honest, the blokes at Cyberpunk 2077 would have wanted the game’s journey till date to be a lot smoother than what fans have on offer. However, there is no denying that CD Projekt Red is walking that extra mile to pacify gamers through regular updates and Hotfixes.
A couple of weeks back, the devs introduced Cyberpunk 2077’s patch 1.2 update and now, we have another Hotfix landing. Hotfix 1.21 for Cyberpunk 2077 is currently live on PC, consoles and Stadia.
Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.21
Here’s what’s new for gamers to explore in this new update:
Quests & Open World: Cyberpunk 2077
- Fixed an issue in Gig: Getting Warmer, where the player was unable to lower 8ug8ear’s body temperature.
- Fixed an issue where being unable to pick up the “Send a crew” shard in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Discount Doc could block progression. Reading the shard is now an optional objective.
- Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Takemura would get stuck in Japantown Docks. This is after the player chose to go to Wakako alone and left the area too early.
- Fixed an issue where the clues in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual would not count. This happened if the player scanned them before talking to the wounded NPC.
- Spray Paint should now trigger properly when the player approaches Brendan.
- Fixed an issue in Play it Safe where upon connecting to the Access Point the screen could become black. This blocked further progression.
- Addressed an issue where Reported Crime: Dredged Up would not complete if the player opened the container before scanning the blood trail.
- Fixed an issue where a Maelstromer could spawn in an area unreachable for the player, blocking progress in Losing My Religion/Sacrum Profanum.
- Addressed an issue blocking progression in one of the Assaults in Progress in Japantown.
- Addressed an issue where the game could crash during Gig: Hippocratic Oath if the player jumped through the window after breaking it.
- Holocalls from Mitch should no longer get stuck and repeat if the call was interrupted before.
- Fixed Johnny’s appearance in various quests.
Additional changes to Quests & Open World
- Dennis’ car should now spawn correctly in Big in Japan.
- Players can now enter Dennis’ car from the right side in Big in Japan.
- Windows inside the shack should no longer break upon opening the container in Big in Japan.
- Big in Japan will now fail if the player leaves Haruyoshi. Earlier, it carried him to safety after opening the container.
- Fixed an issue where players could become unable to use weapons and consumables after getting out of Takemura’s van in Down on the Street.
- Players can no longer call Takemura during the meeting with Oda in Down on the Street.
- Addressed an issue where Oda could be found on the bridge between Watson and Westbrook before going to Takemura’s hideout in Search and Destroy.
- Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Oda could crash into a player’s car if it was parked in his way.
- Addressed an issue where Burning Desire/Night Moves could get stuck on the “Wait for a call from distressed man” objective. This after the player failed the quest.
- Fixed an issue where the door to Cassius Ryder’s ripperdoc shop would not open. This prevented the player from completing The Gig.
- Saul will no longer follow the player around the world if they leave the quest area after freeing him in Riders on the Storm.
- Fixed an issue where sandstorm could be present in the city if the player fast travelled there during Killing in the Name or Riders on the Storm.
- Riders on the Storm will now fail if the player leaves the Wraith camp before rescuing Saul.
- Gig: Severance Package should now trigger properly after approaching the quest area.
Hotfix 1.21: Gameplay
- Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player’s back.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from climbing ladders out of water.
Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs’ clothes.
Changes to UI in Cyberpunk 2077
- Added back the icon above NPCs, who are under the Distract Enemies quick-hack effect.
- Scanning UI is now less cluttered.
- Fixed an issue where Japanese/Traditional Chinese text could disappear. This occurred if the player changed the interface language from English to one of these languages.
Stability and performance
Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes).
Hotfix 1.21: Console-specific
Players should now be able to select stickers in Photo Mode using the Circle button. This is for the Japanese version of the game on PlayStation 4.
Hotfix 1.21: Stadia-specific
Fixed some graphical issues on a bridge in Mikoshi in Belly Of The Beast/Changes.